Friday, August 8, 2008

English Intensive Camp -- Summer 2008!!!!

Although I absolutely, with every bone in my body hated waking up at 7am every morning, I enjoyed teaching the summer camp. I was working at my visiting school, Il-shin Elementary, but the students came from all over North Gwangju.

I taught 4 classes of 20 students a day! I got to see the same students everyday which was awesome. During the regular school year, I see my students once a week. This makes it difficult to bond with the kids in addition to dealing with continuity issues in regards to the lesson. But this summer, I really got to "hang out" with my own students and discovered many new and interesting things about them!

I have attached a few pictures from the work they did this summer! (More in the Picture Gallery)

The assignment was to write about what they thought regarding the summer camp---the first two were just funny to me!


He was super impressed with
the technology of the classroom
and had nothing to say about the
camp itself...

...and he absolutely did not like the camp! He
would much rather be playing soccer! Seriously,
who wouldn't (well play over work that is!)



Her English level is really high--she has a few

problems with verb tenses, but overall great...

...while this student could only write words! Which
I encouraged---better this than nothing and not
participating!




I just love this one!!!! We were working on "I like-I don't like; He/She likes-He/She doen't like" and Ji-won wrote "I like Cynthia teacher"! blush blush!! =)


I'll have more pictures of the camp tomorrow. We took tons of pictures of the children. Anyway, tomorrow is the last day of camp! And although I enjoyed it, I'm extremely happy that it's over. I love my students and like the teachers I got to work with, but I love doing nothing even more! I am anticipating waking up at 9am for breakfast and going back to sleep; waking up at 1pm for lunch and going back to sleep; waking up at 6:30pm for Taekwondo and the gym then going back to sleep! Now that's what I call a vacation! I'll be on this strict schedule for one week and then I'll be off to Taiwan, cruising the Pacific!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww that was cute...lool...I really like the one with the cross over English camp cause I myself don't like school too much!

Anonymous said...

hey sexy!!!!! am, so gla you are having a great time. We miss you too but we know this is completely awesome for you. :)

AND OF COURSE one of the kids would like Cynthia.you are one HOT teacher.

love you lots.