Monday, August 25, 2008

Taiwan Adventures: 2008-08-22

Part VIII

Taipei House International Youth Hostel

I checked back in at around 7:15pm after spending quite a while in a taxi, in the middle of a busy Taipei afternoon rush hour. The cab ride from the Main Subway Station to the hostel cost me NT$185 (~US$5.83). It's really close to the station, but we were sitting still in traffic most of the time.

Anyway, I met a girl named Yoko. After she told me her name, I thought she was from Japan. But she is from Taiwan. She will soon attend the university here so is looking around. Anyway, nice bunk mate...

I then took a shower and headed back out for a bite to eat. There weren't many options around here. I mean, there was the food court near by, but I did not want to walk down the small dark alley that leads to it at 8:00pm. There were also other places but they pretty much served steak, burgers and other western cuisine. So I kept walking until I found a nice little restaurant on the 2nd floor of a huge building. I had Thai food there: a combination of 3 curry sauces, ground beef, shrimp and some other one, my least favorite one. It was good food! I also ordered a beer, completely forgetting about how I don't drink beer anymore. It was excellent however huge! I only managed to drink 1/2 the bottle before calling it quits. My head is already spinning from the cruise...don't need excess beer in my system now.

So I'm back at the hostel, about to review my plan of action for tomorrow before heading to bed. I'm not really sleepy, just exhausted...

Gosh, earlier today I had so much to write about but could not stand to keep my eyes open for very long, let alone write and now, I can't remember. I'll have to dig deep in a few and write down headlines.

Good night and I love you all!!!! =)

No comments: