On account of me being sick and having spent an almost sleepless night, I cleaned my entire house today and spent hours "refueling", if you will, on my roof top. I took my rug with me, beat it and set it out in the sun while I also sat under the sun. Old people in Haiti always say it is good to "chita anba soleil la" (sit under the sun). So I did and breathed in fresh-ish, cooler air--the weather here has been fantastic since my trip to Taiwan.
Later today, I went out for a nice picnic like/walk in the park with Hyunju. There is a humongous park near our house that also houses the Gwangju Biennale (a contemporary type art museum), the Gwangju National Museum and an open air theater. In addition to being with a great friend, it was nice to be walking out in this perfect weather we've been blessed with when the rest of the world seems to be suffering from terrible weather.
Nevertheless, I can't believe school will start Monday! I'll have to wake up early, actually shower and head out into the "working world" dressed appropriately! I've developed a bad habit of falling asleep only after 1 or 2 am! I'll have to figure out a way to rectify that if I want to last until 4:30pm at school! =S =S
Later today, I went out for a nice picnic like/walk in the park with Hyunju. There is a humongous park near our house that also houses the Gwangju Biennale (a contemporary type art museum), the Gwangju National Museum and an open air theater. In addition to being with a great friend, it was nice to be walking out in this perfect weather we've been blessed with when the rest of the world seems to be suffering from terrible weather.
Nevertheless, I can't believe school will start Monday! I'll have to wake up early, actually shower and head out into the "working world" dressed appropriately! I've developed a bad habit of falling asleep only after 1 or 2 am! I'll have to figure out a way to rectify that if I want to last until 4:30pm at school! =S =S





















No comments:
Post a Comment