Breakfast and other
I had breakfast this morning at the Four Seasons...yeah, sounds big deal, I know! It's in a nice venue and the food was also good. I was excited to eat a western style breakfast. Although it was nothing like Mimi's Cafe in Orlando or better yet, a wonderful family breakfast at home, it was a good treat. I had a cheese omelet, soggy waffles (I missed my waffle maker) with butter from New Zealand and Jam from South Australia! And not to forget my abusive coffee consumption!
I'm now sitting on deck, (I was when I wrote this in my notebook--I'm merely transferring now back in my apartment) enjoying the crisp sun, waiting for my spa appointment time!! That's what I wanted...a chance to sit out and relax under the sun. It's only 9:20am and the sun is already high, warm and very pleasant.
Needless to say that my fellow cruisers have all taken cover below deck where their white skins can go on being white! This is certainly not a demeaning racial comment -- you should know me better than that anyway -- it's just a fact that in the East, fare skin is "in" while in the west, tanned skin is "in"! The Chinese, as well as Koreans, are not big on tanning. In the streets of Taipei (an in Korea actually) all the women walked under umbrellas using them as shields against the sun rays.
I only take out my umbrella to shield me from rain drops! It's just how things are here...you certainly won't find tanning salons on every street corner. =)
Could barely keep my eyes open for the close up! lol





















No comments:
Post a Comment