This morning I woke up right at 7:30am, took a shower and went down to breakfast with my roommate. We sat with different teachers today in order to expand our great contact list. As I was sitting there enjoying my super hot cup of coffee and noticing that some people’s plates actually looked like they were having what seemed more of a lunch course than a breakfast one, a nice lady approached me. She told me she noticed my tag and was wondering if I was Cynthia who was going to Gwangju. Yes, I am! She told me her name was Gin and that she worked in Gwangju and that she had sent me an e-mail a little while back. I had to think about that for a moment…I did receive an e-mail from someone named Gin but always associated the name with a man. Gin is a woman. Oh, yes. I did get the e-mail. Thank you. Then, she uttered the most beautiful five words one would like to hear while drinking coffee: I have your placement information. YEAH! I could barely finish my meal I was so excited. She explained that she was in Daejon today for a presentation and that she would tell me the name of my school after her talk.
I rushed to my room to call home, but I was unsuccessful in getting a line out. To top that, the internet has not been working very well lately. So I just went back downstairs for my lectures (four great ones today)! Gin was the first presenter and she really reassured me as she was very knowledgeable and provided excellent information regarding the city as well as classroom management. It comes as no surprise to me that Gwangju is a great place to live and work in: duh…that’s why I picked it. They also have one of the best POE (P in all of South Korea. (It’s like back home where Seminole County’s education system is much better than Orange County’s).
Anyway, I will be teaching in two elementary schools! Hooray to that!!! I will be at Bonchon Elementary School on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and switch to Ilshin Elementary School on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That is really exciting news to me for according to my contract, I could have ended up working in the Department of Education office or even worst…a high school! LOL
Needless to say: I’m HAPPY and now I’m off!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment