I'm leaving Facebook alone for a few minutes to write a little!
No classes? How come? Well, usually I teach 6th grade on Tuesdays; but today 4th and 6th grade students are taking a nation wide exam (sort of like the FCAT back home I imagine). So the day is mine! Although I did check Facebook about a million times, I still managed to get a lot accomplished. For example, I finally had the time to call Dr. Gee today (reminder: Professor at UCF-CREOL...Grace introduced us since he was moving back to Korea). Turns out that he lives/works in Buk-gu (just like I thought) which is where I live. Now, I live in Gwangju City and Buk-gu is an area North of the city. Dr. Gee and I will get together soon: I have one more friend in Korea! Yeah...thank you Grace for introducing us in Orlando!
Random thought: Koreans brush their teeth after every meal, which a lot of people do, but this is different. It's always funny to me to see teachers walking around brushing their teeth on their way to the bathroom! In the teachers' room, there is a variety of coffee and tea products, tooth brushes, tooth paste and the like! The ladies simply grab a tea cup (the men don't use tea cups...lol) and start their brushing ritual after lunch in the classrooms or in the hall ways... does not matter. I was thinking about my fourth grade class back home and imagining what I would look like acting this way: Go to lunch with my class, then take out my tooth brush, start brushing my teeth in the classroom, continue brushing while heading to the bathroom at the end of the hall. Mmmmm...I don't think so! Anyway, a teacher was just doing it so I thought I would share.
Oh, I used my brand new washing machine last night for the first time! Mee Dan was kind enough to translate the key options/buttons for me yesterday, so I spun it last night! I washed my whites and realized I did not have bleach! Anyway, this super machine washed the clothes (twice, as specified by moi), rinced them (duh), spun them (double duh) and then.....*drum roll please*....dried them! How awesome!!! It took it 2 hours to complete the whole process, but all I had to do was push a few buttons (select water temperature, # of times to wash, speed at which you would like your clothes to be spun (funny to me) and finally, temperature to dry clothes -- low, moderate, high or even iron!) Needles to say, I am loving my new machine....thank you Unni for getting this for me. It's great, once you know how to use it!





















No comments:
Post a Comment