I had the television on while doing whatever it is I do at home when a word forced me to stop whatever it was I was doing. I turned my attention to the television and an American sitcom was on. Oh…here it goes again…that word! Don’t they have a law prohibiting certain words from being used in sitcoms? Oh, right…I’m in a different country, therefore different laws apply. I keep having to remind myself of that. It was chocking to me to hear a variety of curse words being spoken in that show...this is not HBO now is it? I finally changed the channel but that was not the first time I experienced curse words in the media.
Just this past Sunday, as I was standing in front of the Gwangju Migliore, I listened to a mixture of music being played for the public, I suppose. It put a smile on my face to hear Beyonce bring the house down and even the silly Super Man song! The only problem is that the music selection was not the clean, PG rated version. It was a peculiar site for me to see families walking around and curse words being blasted through the super high tech speakers. Definitely not “safe for the little ears”!





















No comments:
Post a Comment