Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ladies room adventure

I'm still very sick, but I have a funny story...well, funny to me!

Yesterday I went out to eat with a friend and after dinner, I kindly excused myself to the ladies room. There IS such a thing as not being able to figure out how to use a toilet! So I was standing there facing the toilet, trying to figure out how to flush this thing. There were about 10 buttons on the left side, some of them were illuminated and others not. I can read Hangul, but I can't understand what I'm reading still. So I decided to just go for it and start pressing random buttons.

Bad idea!

I pressed a button and a tube extended from inside the bowl and water started spraying everywhere! I got water all over my jeans and my coat and even though I reacted rather quickly (I thought) to get out of the way, I still got wet. I pressed myself against the wall...is this thing ever going to stop? The worst thing is that I must have had way too much wine at dinner, because I could not remember which button I had pressed in order to press it again to stop the water. I eventually just pressed one. Good...it stopped! Now who would use this? This jet of water hit me quite hard! AND...it aimed high as well....I guess I don't get it.

So I was stuck in the bathroom trying to figure out how I was going to go back to dinner. I was soaked from the waist down! How embarrassing. Whatever, I went out anyway. Thankfully, the restaurant was empty since it had closed about 10 minutes before. I just told my friend about the experience, we had a laugh and left.

Lesson learned: just don't go around touching things! -- Not sure if it's the right lesson to learn from this, but it's a lesson nevertheless!

No comments: