Friday, March 21, 2008

Just a little outdated update!

So after almost 3 weeks of living in this apartment, I finally cleaned my kitchen. For those of you who know me really well, that’s awfully unlike me especially when it comes to other people’s filth. But as you know, I had a serious mold problem that finally got taken care of on Sunday. Hurray to that!! It sure feels terrific being able to open my windows and let some air in, ventilating my amazingly immense quarters. ;-)

Anyway, so now I’m taking a well deserved break before getting back to work, this time reviewing my lesson plans for tomorrow. Wednesdays are super long days for me: teach a 6th grade class at 9a then right after, teach two 2nd grade classes; have lunch then it’s already time for the after school English Club, which I lead. I teach grades one through sixth starting at 1:00pm to end at 4:00pm! It’s insane and last week was an organized disaster. I walked in and the woman expected me to lead the program the first day, without any explanation as to what was expected of me or any discussion really as to who I would be teaching! This job is definitely teaching me how to think on my feet in the presence of an eager group of students without them noticing my ignorance. Regardless, I believe I will enjoy teaching the English Club! I get to play games with the children, of course as long as English is the focus. Also, I will get paid extra for leading the club….soooo come to me little dollars, I mean children!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK seriously dude. Why don't you write like you speak? "It sure feels great"? I mean really? Is it terribly super over there?
I wasn't going to say anything since I thought you were going through an Austen-wannabe phase - but this has lasted too long. Besides you need to be picked on since you're so far away from the sibling rivalry.
G

Anonymous said...

Thinking or your feet 101, should be a course offered in college. Just think, each time you would go to classes the teacher would throw some different ideas your way, and you'd have to make it work, without looking like an idiot... Hmm. Maybe I should teach, I would love to torture (hrm, teach) my unsuspecting students...

By the by thanks for the IM, I where not sleeping so much as simply not anywhere near a computer.

Cynthia said...

Yo....I write differently than the way I speak! Always have, might always will...lol
And yes, reading your comments always puts a smile on my face b/c your personality shines right through them!
I love you girl!