After eating my rice paddy, I uploaded the pictures I took this morning and was editing and admiring them when my door bell rang (it rings to the melody of the Barney Song…. “I love you; you love me” …and so on =)). Who might that be? I’m not expecting Christine until 2:00pm. I open the door and there was standing a Korean lady and a Korean teenager. They both bowed and said hello and I mimicked. The lady quickly introduced herself as …………., a teacher from Bonchon Elementary School (my main school) and her daughter. I invited them in and we conversed in broken English while her daughter supplied her a few English words! Bravo, for the work of native English speakers!
Anyway, she came to make sure I had settled in nicely, that I liked my brand new furniture (oh yeah) and my microwave (which arrived this morning). She told me that it had a dual function: it could heat/cook my food as well as toast my bread! She had actually picked out my furniture and microwave for me. Hooray for her excellent choices!!! I expressed my gratitude and then she asked me if there were any problems with the apartment. The apartment is great, small but great except for the mold in the kitchen and bathroom areas. I showed it to her and she said she would inform Bonchon Elementary and they would come and clean it up! Yes, because that’s the only thing that is a problem. I had dreams last night regarding the nasty mold. You don’t understand…I read so much about mold in Korean houses and it freaks me out. Some type of mold can be seriously harmful to your health. Regardless, she will take care of it and I will follow up, if need be. So far, they have been very on point, following up with what was said.
She then asked me if I had eaten lunch. I told her about my little adventure of this morning and she was besides herself with excitement! She could not believe I had gone out all by myself and managed to find food. She asked me if I had ever been to Korea before (A. No) and if I spoke Korean (A. No). Wow…she could not believe it! It was funny to me because I really did not talk to anyone when I was out there so it was not really hard at all! I just looked through the store windows until I saw a mini-mart type place. At any rate, I think I made a good impression on her…lol…I hope!
So now they have both gone and I’m sitting at my computer (again), listening to Maroon 5, finishing up this entry as I wait for Christine (who is running a little late)! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment