Friday, March 28, 2008

Feeling more like home everyday!

I had a nice day today! I had four classes -- two 6th grade and two 2nd grade classes --and after teaching, the second grade crew and I went out to the movies and then to dinner. In Korea, when you go out to eat Pizza, you will most like share a couple of salads, bowls of spaghetti and a couple of pizzas! We had a great time!!!





Awesome 2nd grade teachers and I!!!







As I sat there listening to their conversation in Korean, I thought to myself how amazing God is. Here I am sharing a meal with great new friends on the other side of "my world". I look completely different from them, speak a different language, use a different system of writing, our cultures are different, heck...most every thing about us is different. Yet, we are basically brother and sisters...descendants of Adam and Eve. I sat there thinking about God having created all of us so different from one another yet still similar in a way. It's hard for me to explain what was going through my mind exactly but I'm just constantly in awe of God's greatness.


But anyway, I did not anticipate getting home so early, so after being dropped off I decided it would be best to go get my much needed kitchen ware today as opposed to busy busy Saturday and Sunday.














Looking around my tiny apartment, I'm starting to feel more and more at home. It's no longer just a box in which I live, but it's my box...my box with a touch of me! It's really nice to come home and really feel AT HOME.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Since when do you use Nivea? You know I have been using it for 30 yrs LOL