Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Grade Madness

\(^o^)/ \(^o^)/ \(^o^)/

The future is looking pretty bleak to me as far as teaching first grade goes. I absolutely loved it in the States, but here saying that it's different would be an understatement! The children are definitely cute and I just love the way they look at me with astonishment in their tiny eyes however...
Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

Before and after class, they always have a zillion questions to shout out all at once in a language I barely understand. In all, I teach six first grade classes, each with about thirty eight 6 year olds!! It's mostly chaotic! There are the random fights that break out between students; the energetic boy jumping up in a Kungfu pose to sit right back down, quietly as if all he needed to do was release a few stored up bees; the crying, the yelling, the screaming and in the midst of it all, the cute looking kid just glaring into your eyes -- puppy eyes! I might go crazy by the end of this semester.

By far, Wednesdays are my most tiresome days. Not only do I teach the four English Club classes, I have to teach three first grade classes and one fifth grade class (my least favorite bunch of fifth graders)!

So now it's Thursday, 12:37pm and I'm done teaching for the day! Just seriously slouching at my desk, listening to SOJA (reggae) -- relaxing! I have a ton of journals to read but I'll start at 1:00pm. I need a break...clear my head from today's teaching "experience"!


Getting their shoes back on before lining up


Yes, almost to the door...

And out, out, out you go!!!

Awww...I like them anyway -- no matter how crazy they are!!!

No comments: