Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Creative Writing

I am currently studying for the GRE however I have no intention on retaking it. I'm simply challenging my seemingly dormant brain before going back to school in the Fall of 2009!

So the book I'm studying from is a GRE vocabulary book and in addition to having an extensive list of words I never heard uttered before, it also has ideas to help you remember them. One idea was to chose 10 words and to write a brief story using all of them. So after mastering enough words from the book, I set out to writing.

This is my first try and I had to pretend to write it for someone else's eyes or I'm afraid I would have written complete non-sense...might be non-sense anyway!!!

The 10 vocabulary words:

abate
abscission
belie
bane
bedizen
auspicious
abrogate
axiom
avarice
beatify

---

CREATIVE Writing ^^

Although John tried abating the widow's pain with kind words, his avarice for her wealth belied his actions. The widow had been bedizened with all sorts of necklaces made out of sunflowers and orange peels. John thought the moment auspicious to declare his true feelings towards her. Without hesitation, as if stating an axiom known to all present, John abrogated his responsibility towards the widow. The abscission caused by this baneful act created an unexpected effect: the beatification of Teresa, the widow!

---

LOL LOL

I actually enjoyed writing this and although it is seriously silly, I have a better grasp on the meaning of the words now! Enough of that and on to serious things now such as Facebook and MySpace!!!!

No comments: