I'm sitting in my empty classroom with the backside of the students' chairs staring back at me. School started two days ago but the English classes are not starting until next week at this school. So I used my time wisely and continued working on my lesson plans for the semester. Turns out, I actually have to change quite a few of them for the resources are unavailable in Korea. For instance, I cannot find certain picture books I need! Even online. I mean, I could order them from Amazon and end up paying more for shipping than the price of the books combined! Shame... I've also been busy editing what seems to be lesson plans for the entire school's teachers! I'm tired of reading lesson plans but they'll have open classes soon and those classes must be taught entirely in English! I'm really glad to help them, just tired of more of the same! LOL Get it??? LOL LOL
Anyway, I've got two months worth of lesson plans typed up and ready but still can't figure out what to do with my students tomorrow!!! (I don't want to change the order.) I've been trying to think up something as simple as a first day activity for the After School English Club but have been drawing blanks since SATURDAY! The truth is, I have 1/2 the period filled already and only need an activity that will last 20 minutes tops.
I seriously think my brain is burned out...already!
Anyway, I've got two months worth of lesson plans typed up and ready but still can't figure out what to do with my students tomorrow!!! (I don't want to change the order.) I've been trying to think up something as simple as a first day activity for the After School English Club but have been drawing blanks since SATURDAY! The truth is, I have 1/2 the period filled already and only need an activity that will last 20 minutes tops.
I seriously think my brain is burned out...already!





















3 comments:
You should make them use construction paper and crayons/markers or whatever and make postcards (or letters). And you can teach them the proper format for writing a letter in English (if using the letter instead of the informal postcard) and they have to write in English grammatically correct about whatever topic. They can learn more grammar, punctuation, proper sentence structure AND have fun with colors and stuff.
I seriously think this is the best suggestion for a lesson I've heard all week! Thanks!!! It's wonderful!
I knew my postcard obsession would serve some purpose.
Post a Comment