Thursday, July 3, 2008

Students' Masterpieces

I started teaching middle school students this week and today's lesson was about masculine and feminine words. After the "lecture" part of class, I had the students work in groups in order to write a story using the words we had just studied. At first there was mass confusion as to what they were to do with that green piece of paper I had handed out; but after a few sample sentences on the board, they got busy! Some of the stories were hilarious and so I thought I'd share them with you! So, without further ado, I present you my students' masterpieces!

Group 1
There once lived a woman who was loving someone. He is a king's son. Handsome boy. But he didn't know her love. Finally, they are loving together. So the God says "Congratulations"!

Group 2
I was beautiful girl. So I had many boyfriends. No.1 was king. No.2 was actor. No.3 was prince. But since one day ladies loved me. What it is...^^ So I died and went to the God. WOW!

Group 3
Many days ago, a king lives in the big house. He has no wife, but he has much many money. He needs a pretty girl. He want to marry. One day, he go to the forest. His papa said "Please, marry!" He said "Oh, my goodness!" The king and girls together go to the husband. One day, king and girl go to the city. Wondergirls come here, very pretty. Wow! [Note: "Wondergirls" is a famous Korean Pop girl group! The teens love them!] The king, So-hi, Wondergirls make wife so he was very happy and walk on the street super junior. The king and girls have many son and daughter. [Note: king married all 5 singers! lol]

Group 4 [And this one has a nice plot--but a twisted ending!]
The God papa is king in the heaven and one day, the God look actor. He is very hungry. He's very poor. He need a money but he is very poor. His son is waiter. his wife is very sick. He go to king in the castle and say please give me the medication. The king is very angry. Get out! Go away.
At that moment, his uncle said "your son is die." "What?" actor said He was very sad. The God see and the God is very sad and he go to king into heaven and can you save actor son. "No" said the king and a God and King light the God shot the ?????. The king shot tire. That terrible house is break people is die all the trees is fire. So the earth destroy. The God and king also die.

----------------------------

So you see, my students are not really thinking about English but about their boyfriends and girlfriends and whatever else goes on in their adolescent brains. However, as long as they can tell me about their stories in English, I have no problem with that. This is a conversation class after all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ask them to write about kings and God? Some of these stories are disturbing LOL... How old are these kids?

Cynthia said...

Well, the words God and king were just two of the words we were working on! I guess they made for more interesting stories!!!! lol