Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pain is weakness leaving the body!!!!! OUCH!

I don't know what I did to my hip, but I'm in pain! I couldn't sleep last night because every time I turned on the bed, I would get a series of sharp pains in my hip. My moving positions had to be so calculated that I couldn't possibly sleep through them!

I actually know what I did!!! It happened yesterday on the treadmill. I was running, about to reach my goal of the day when the pain started, very faintly though. I brushed it off as a simple "point de cote" since I had been drinking tons of water earlier. I kept running. The pain increased and I realized that this was not a simple "point de cote" but something was wrong. But what could I do? I had a few minutes left and was almost there--if I slowed down, I would not make it. So I kept running thinking of my dance instructor back in Haiti, Nicole: "Continue...ou pa besoin peu! Se pou sa docte eksiste! (Keep going...don't be afraid! That's why doctors exist!)" So kept going, reached my goal, got off the treadmill and realized I had done something wrong. It was difficult to walk and putting my weight on my left leg was impossible.

I hope it gets better. I won't run today, which is horrible because I'm training for my marathon NEXT YEAR! LOL LOL Anyway, if it does not get better, I'll go see a doctor...after all, that's why they exist!

No comments: