First, the company was great! It was really nice to be able to spend time with friends from orientation -- Lindsay, my roommate during orientation, took a bus from Jeomchon and Beney lives in Incheon (we stayed at her place). I took the bus and it took me 3.5 hours to 4 hours to get there because of the horrible traffic in Seoul. Once there, the girls and I went out to eat Italian food and then crashed. After talking way too much, we finally passed out at about maybe 1 or 2 am.
Saturday morning was an early one! I went out to celebrate my brother's birthday ALL DAY!!!! =) Lindsay, Beney and a few others helped as we met up for a nice hike. Wow...I had a great time for you Charles!! The view was incredible and the weather was nice for hiking -- it was cloudy, which I enjoyed for I was not burning under the sun (although, I could use a tan).
In the park at the base of the mountain we were about to "climb", we played a few childish games…
…annoyed a few people while playing Frisbee....
...and then, went out towards the port and had seafood...no no no, raw seafood! I know it's called Sashimi for Japanese raw seafood -- can't remember the name for the Korean style. But really, it looked and tasted the same! So some of it was delicious, some was just plain repulsive, and some was tasteless! But the octopus tentacles were by far the most interesting! Just take a look!!!!
After enjoying most of the meal, Beney, Lindsay and I took the subway to Seoul. There, we went to the largest Techno Mart I have ever seen! An entire shopping mall dedicated to only electronics...there were 8 floors packed with the latest in technology! Charles, you would love this! They had the coolest PCs and notebooks (of course, externally cool to me -- I did not really check what they were capable of doing)! Lol We then got interviewed by a couple of university students and ate dinner in Itaewon. Ok, there were more foreigners walking around in Itaewon than there were Koreans! We ate at a “not so bad” Mexican restaurant and went home.
Sunday morning we ate at the cutest little restaurant! The theme was basically Alice in Wonderland. They serve breakfast, lunch, cakes, desert and specialty drinks! Really girlie
I came back home Sunday afternoon with a sore throat and fully congested! I think it’s a combination of the pollution and lack of sleep! So now I’m sick all over again!!!! But after the gym today, I went to the pharmacy and got medicine for both. I was going to buy a multivitamin (which I really need), but paying 30,000won ($30) for a medium-ish size bottle was out of the question. I’ll look for one tomorrow, but I need to take my vitamins like I use to!
----More pics in the gallery----





















1 comment:
Glad to here you had a great time. We will make sure to give Grace a huge bottle of Vitamins to last you the rest of the year.. and then some. I wish I could have seen the electronic shop, but then i'd want to spend money and that would not do. keep up the good gym workout and i'll try to start up again.
Your Brother.
Post a Comment