First stop: Seonggidong Tourist Park!
At first, the man at the gate would not let us into the park since it had been raining and it was very windy. Sitting in the car, I did not realize how windy it was. However, once the ladies convinced him to just let us walk around for 10 minutes, we realized how bad the wind was and were struggling with our umbrellas the entire time. Still, under the strong winds and the misty rain, the Cherry Blossoms were oh so beautiful!
Beautiful Cherry Blossoms
Second stop: Chinese Restaurant in Gwangju
We shared a bowl of Jajamyong, a bowl of seafood rice soup (can't remember the correct name) and appetizing orange/pineapple/other fruits chicken! They were all delicious!!!! For desert, they brought us a type of Chinese donuts, cherry tomatoes (they love those here) and a fruit that tastes just like the Haitian Kenép! Seriously, the same -- it was great finally tasting it again!
Jajamyong at the Chinese restaurant
Third and final stop: Angel-n-Us Coffee Shop
The Korean version of Starbucks, but better (in my opinion)! It was nice and quiet with very comfortable seats. They have a variety of coffee, frapicchino and tea selections as well as something to satisfy those with a sweet tooth. We sat there, chatted some more about random things and finally decided it was time to head home. We were all falling asleep and it was barely 1:00pm! Lol…Three “lazy” girls hanging out early in the morning on a rainy day; we just had to get back home and hit the sack…which I did! (I know Hyunju slept for 3 hours once she got home—I wish!)
In all, I had a pleasant day and am looking forward to more random off days!!!!





















1 comment:
So happy to see you happy my love, Give thanks for God's blessings.
Post a Comment