I just got home from spending the evening with Myunksuk and her family. I had a great time talking about Korean rituals for the Lunar New Year, which is tomorrow, and other very random topics of conversation. What made my evening, oddly enough, was listening to Jiwon, her youngest son, complain on the way home about how he does not have a Nintendo at home. He was really upset and could not understand why his parents never got him one. Probably because the whole time we were at his uncle's house, all he did, along with his brother and cousin, was play a combination of Nintendo and computer games! We only saw them pop out of the bedroom if Myunksuk forced them out or if they got hungry. Once in a while, he would walk to me, sit down for a bit, smile and then disappear! =)
After listening to his father explain this last to him, he found a new topic to complain about: "hand-a-pone" (hand phone), or as we call them in the West, cell phones!! It was hilarious to me because he's just this little guy and I started to wonder what on earth he would do with a "hand-a-pone". But then I started to remember how I always wanted a cell phone and I did not get one until I came back from the military! He has a longgggggg time to wait for his! I guess he must have been really upset because he fell asleep soon after.
Tomorrow I'll join them again for brunch and the new Tom Cruise movie. It's really big here since Mr. Cruise came to Korea last week in order to promote it! Smart move...
After listening to his father explain this last to him, he found a new topic to complain about: "hand-a-pone" (hand phone), or as we call them in the West, cell phones!! It was hilarious to me because he's just this little guy and I started to wonder what on earth he would do with a "hand-a-pone". But then I started to remember how I always wanted a cell phone and I did not get one until I came back from the military! He has a longgggggg time to wait for his! I guess he must have been really upset because he fell asleep soon after.
Tomorrow I'll join them again for brunch and the new Tom Cruise movie. It's really big here since Mr. Cruise came to Korea last week in order to promote it! Smart move...





















No comments:
Post a Comment