Thursday, February 5, 2009

And the Countdown Continues

I've been extremely busy keeping track of my countdown, making sure to update it daily. Of course, I've also been busy packing, selling and giving away things, walking around Gwangju as much as I can bear and visiting with wonderful friends.

This coming week will be my very last week of work in Korea!!! YEAH…. English classes don't start until March so I won't be teaching. I guess I'll spend my time thinking, writing, saying goodbyes and the like. I was truly excited about going to work last week as I found it increasingly difficult to have so much time on my hands, waiting to go home, thinking about life back home, packing and re-packing my already packed suitcases. But today, I'm not sure I'm up for waking up early and going into school tomorrow. But you know what? Even better....my work weeks always flew on by. So pretty soon, I'll be in Seoul visiting one last time and catching a plane bound for home!

What an experience I've had this year! I do not regret one bit my decision to leave my family, place my studies on hold and travel to Korea. I've learned so much, gained knowledge as well as lovely love handles and met so many wonderful people. I sure will miss everyone around here and do hope to be able to go visit them in their respective countries!


~~ 20 days ~~

No comments: