Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update...'read' all about it!

I am officially on vacation and waiting impatiently for March 1st to finally bless me with its presence. In the meantime, I have a long list of "to dos" and hope I'll get to it all by the end of next week. It feels great not having to wake up early and sleeping in until....8am! Can't seem to sleep past that and waste my day away! =( I mean, who would want to do that? Right???? =)

Wow...I have so much to say and just can't figure out where to start. Those past few weeks have been extremely busy for me and now I get to sit back, let it all sink in and celebrate: 1) Going home to my family in 5 weeks! and 2) Looking back to a wonderful experience!

Being that it's now almost 4:00am and I desperately need to get my beauty sleep, I'll leave you with pictures in order to recount my two weeks (Mon through Sat) teaching at the Winter English Camp. Aside from having to be at school by 8:30am, the camp was awesome! I chose to teach science and language studies and what fun we had!!!

We experimented with Oobleck...

Read and answered pen pal letters from students attending another winter camp...


Played around with ice and salt...

Check out our natural freezer!!!! =)

Competed for first prize through a scavenger hunt...
(Too busy checking answers and giving out next clues....no pictures) =(

Discovered the reaction from mixing baking soda and vinegar--and we despised the horrid smell!

Created posters to share a day in our lives with new friends...


Studied the life cycle of a frog (4th grade) and of a butterfly (5th grade)...





With Jon--not me (I was having a hot drink while sitting on the heater), they played in the snow during one of our MANY snow days...


And much, much more fun!

I now bid you goodnight! ;)

No comments: