Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Plastic Surgery in South Korea

Those of us accustomed to watching South Korean dramas can comfortably attest to the fact that South Koreans love plastic surgery. The people of South Korea, IN GENERAL, have often been labeled as being vain and caring too much about their physical appearance -- not that we (some S. Koreans as well) don't care, but most of us are satisfied with the way God created us!

After moving to Korea, this was very apparent to me in my everyday life. In fact, even when Grace visited we spotted a few conspicuous plastic surgery adds and/or clinics. At school, friends often call each other fat and ugly, in a most gentle and concerned manner. They do not mean to hurt your feelings but are simply suggesting you get some "work done". As a foreigner, I am excluded from their warm hearted remarks -- or is it because of my flawless looks? mmmm...I shall ponder on this last!

In any case, I was scanning the channels on TV and came across a most unusual program. This last was dedicated to presenting changes extraordinaire and of course, successful plastic surgery stories made their way to the top! One woman proudly displayed herself before and after her wonder works! I could not resist and snapped a few pictures of her.


Showing off the work done on her now perfect looking chin!

I'm guessing her forehead---don't know what she got done there--brought it out maybe?


Even her cheeks!!!
You have to admit...she is a much prettier woman now.

With the advancement of science and being able to change yourself as you wish, are there any more true natural beauties out there? Of course there are!!! My beautiful mother gave birth to beautiful daughters!!!!

Note: Daddy, Charles and Cedric, I believe you to be very handsome men however I was concentrating on women's beauty! =)
My question to you is (men and women): Hypothetically, if you could change anything, what would it be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would so change my arms in a heart beat. Is there surgery for that? Or is that accomplished by pumping iron on a continuous basis?

Cynthia said...

I think anything can be done! The sky's the limit!! LOL But yeah, the pumping of the iron is the cheap answer...lol