Saturday, October 18, 2008

Excuse me, do you know where I can find a foreigner?

I just had interesting visitors! My door bell rang and although I contemplated ignoring it, I decided to check since it might have been my landlady (I owe her the maintenance fee for this month). So I picked up the intercom and said hello. On the other end, I heard giggles then a lady's voice asked me, in English, if I was a foreigner. Say what? All I had said was "ye!" when I picked up the intercom therefore there was no way for her to know I was a foreigner. I asked who it was and then heard a couple of ladies giggling some more and apparently looking for the right words. The next few minutes were quite interesting.

One of them told me they had been looking for a foreigner and they had a magazine to give me. I should have guessed they were Jehovah's Witnesses right away and kept my door shut. But as they were talking and I was getting more and more confused, I told them to hold on and opened my door.

Just a couple of young ladies, maybe 21 or 22 drilling me about where I was from, my name, what I was doing in Korea, etc. I also drilled them and asked how they came to know I lived in this apartment. They told me they had asked around the neighborhood and were told my address! Wow!!! I was aware people knew where I lived, but not my apartment number!

Anyway, I turned them down when they asked for my phone number and told them I was Catholic and had no intention of converting! Anyway, this made me laugh...

No comments: