Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Christmas!!!

I've been teaching my Fifth graders Christmas songs and that has brought the Christmas spirit into my life! It's so much fun seeing the kids' faces light up everytime I mention Christmas. They get so excited and want to tell me about all the Christmas traditions in Korea! I was very surprised to find out that Christmas in Korea (according to my students) is pretty much celebrated in the same fashion as Christmas in America.

Being in the Christmas spirit, I went home Tuesday and got out the tiny little Christmas tree Vanessa left in the apartment when she moved out (thank you V)!!!! I decorated it and now I can't wait to truly enjoy it this coming week-end. Snow has been forecasted for the entire time therefore I'll be snuggled up on the heated floors of my home--in front of my tree! After school today, I will go hunt down the needed supplies for an awesome party-of-one: some hot cocoa, marshmallows and French bread from Paris Baguette and have myself a warm party! My friend Lauren is planning on having a similar party at her house but neither one of us is willing to go out in the cold and combine the parties!! LOL

Check out my AWESOME Christmas tree!!!! =)
Step 1: Trying to get it straight and fluff it up a little!

Step 2: In the dining room/kitchen, almost done!
Just to give you an idea of how small it is!!! =)

Step 3: All done!!

I even decorated my laundry area!!!

Keep Jesus in mind this coming Christmas!

He's the true reason to celebrate!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Merry Christmas Cynthia! We'll miss having you home for the Holidays. I love you and your tree is cute - I personally hope we don't get one! Such a hassle. Although I might get those scented candles that smell like pine trees :-)
Oh and please light a candle or pray for me to get a job at the Gates Foundation (either in DC or Seattle - you can just mention Washington, they will both be covered) :-)

Cynthia said...

I'll specify DC as Seattle is way too far! =) J/K

You guys should get a tree!!! It's so nice to have one -- I just wish I had one of you guys to share it with!^^

Anonymous said...

Greetings from a very "old" acquaintance,

Hi Cynthia, This is Natalie (Pierre) now Robinson. Hopefully you'll remember me. Your mom sent my mom (Maggy) a link of your website ages ago and I kept it in my favorites.

I "found" it again tonight and enjoyed reading about your experiences in Korea.

You are really a gifted writer. And such a toughtful person. I can't remember when I saw you last but I am sure your parents are very proud of the young lady you've become.

I saw your little Christmas tree and wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope you have a nice holiday season even tough you are away from your family.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Natalie

Cynthia said...

Natalie!!!! Of course I remember you!!!! =) I saw pictures of your daughter (definitely outdated by now) but I have not seen your son yet! I would love it if you sent me pictures of your family. ^^

It always feels nice to know you are being read!! Thank you for your compliments, but really I have my mother to thank! She's the gifted one..

I would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
Cyn