To begin, I finally switched from being an undecided voter (or non-voter) and cast my ballot today...at least my absentee ballot was sent out. It's funny to me that in Korea people refer to the US elections as "Obama"! No such words as candidate, US presidency, vice presidency, McCain, Palin or even Biden. Just Obama. I was asking my friend if she could accompany me to the post office in order for me to overnight my ballot to America when another teacher wanted to know where we were going. She explained to him that we were going to mail my ballot for the US election and he then exclaimed "Ah....Obama!!!".
Again today, I was at a stationery store and after finding out I was American, the store owner asked how the "Obama" was going! Yet again, taxi drivers never miss the opportunity to give me a thumbs up while shouting "OBAMA" after learning I'm from the States. He's a popular guy here!
On another note, I have three months left to absorb as much as I can from the remaining uncharted aspects of Korean culture! Yes, three months as I'm not counting November (haha) and I'll be home March 1st. I really can't believe how fast time has gone. With the weather cooling again, I am constantly being reminded of my first few months in Korea...the only difference being that Paul Wall is no longer monopolizing my iPod's limited capacity these days which has left space for SOJA instead! =)
What do I hope to accomplish before leaving?
- spend a few week-ends in Seoul
- attend Cirque du Soleil this month
- quit the bad habits I picked up along the way
- make a memoir of this past year
- try to stay on my feet while skiing
...gosh, this list could go on forever!
Lastly, tomorrow I'll be going to Busan (the city where I went diving back in the summer) with a friend from school and her family. We were supposed to spend the week-end but she had to work today. So we'll make it a day trip! I'm looking forward to going back as I did not get to visit the first time around.
Well, I shall stop now! I'm going to stretch out my legs a bit now that my nail polish is dry! ;)





















No comments:
Post a Comment