Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another Week-end at Bay!!!

Here we are again, another week-end ahead of us. Where has the week gone? This past week was a relaxing one for me as I did not have to go to work Monday or Tuesday. If you remember, two weeks ago I attended Ilshin Elementary for the entire week instead of just Monday and Tuesday. Therefore, this last told me I should go to my main school, Bonchon Elementary, this entire week in order to make up the days lost. Although I explained I would not be teaching at Bonchon on the first two days, Ilshin insisted I attend anyway. No complaints from me as I was in turn "sent home" for lack of work.

However, although I had a four day week-end, that did not stop me from wanting one more day off. I had to rip myself from the television Wednesday morning, leaving behind the intense suspense of election day back home! I hurried to school and had a mediocre teaching day. I was unable to concentrate fully as I kept on thinking about refreshing my Internet page. I kept my own poll of both candidates and could not erase the smile off my face the entire day. A few of my students joined me about lunch time to watch the polls! I really wish they spoke English a little more or that I spoke Korean a little more. They have interesting comments which I would like to dig deeper into however the language barrier prevents me from doing so. At any rate, we jumped from joy after it became official! Needless to say, I had a wonderful day yesterday!!!

Well, this past week-end I took a trip to Busan with a friend and her family. The company was exceptional, however the museums we visited were dreadful, and I'm not exaggerating. I never understood contemporary art and can't figure out why people would call trash, art! It's offensive to pile up cardboard boxes in a room, not even bother coming up with an original name and then have it displayed in a museum for others to come admire. I could have driven behind Publix or Wal-mart on a truck delivery day and been able to witness the same exhibition. Ok, I'll stop now! No, one more thing -- I'm glad we got to go for free! I think you know what I think about contemporary art now!!!

Aside from the museums, Myoung-suk, her husband and her kids were great company! It had been a while since we got together and had so much fun. Myuong-suk and I really got to chat while her husband savoured the "art pieces". She is a wonderful woman and again, I'm so glad I got to meet her. She and her husband are considering moving to Florida in about a year or two and that makes me happy. Her boys are young and often I wonder what they will look like in middle school, high school or even what kind of people they will turn out to be. I guess they'll be in my life a little while longer!

Finally, this coming week-end I plan to go sightseeing in Gwangju again. I want to take more pictures of the fall foliage. It's so beautiful out there. Some trees really look like they are on fire! I'll post pictures soon enough.

I'll leave you now with a few pictures from this past week-end!

At the Maritime University in Busan

Maybe you guys shouldn't do that seeing that we just had lunch!

Snacking between museums

No comments: