Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Little Korean I Know

I love Korean dramas! They are so funny and sweet. The thing I love THE MOST about them though is that the producers know exactly when to end the show. They don’t drag the show season after season, finally realizing they ran out of juice and end up airing a season finale that leaves you confused, irritated and/or disappointed (like a once terrific show: Lost). And why will “Lost” start back up again in 2009? Why?

Anyway, my brother Charles got me into Korean dramas. By the way Charles, if you are actually reading my EVERY entry (which would make me very happy), would you get me “Coffee Prince” please? It came highly recommended by the nice interviewer from EPIK!

So, back to the point of my entry…

I learned some basic and I mean very basic Korean from those shows, such as (and I’ll write them the way I think they should be written…aside from the ones I looked up)…yeah!

Annyeong-haseyo
Hello

Ne/Ye
Yes

Anio
No

Gamsahamnida
Thank you

Joesong-hamnida
Sorry

Oma
Mother

Abonim
Father

Ahjussi
Mister

Krlom
Then

And my favorite one….

Sunyoungkousha
Mind your own business

(or something like that)


That was from “Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang”…my favorite

=> =>








See, I learned plenty from those shows! I also started learning some on my own using various websites. I read somewhere that Korean is actually very easy to pick up (speaking and reading), so I’m hopping this will be true for me. So you guys, learn these phrases, and we’ll converse soon! ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I can oblige and see if the series is available....

Anonymous said...

I guess I could also being doing some work, but when you have to wait on other people to aprove the money you want to spend in order to start doing your current projects, there is not much you can do but wait. And since I have about another few hours of that to do, I decided to find your Coffee Prince.
It seems you can also read the translated book at --> http://www.xanga.com/CoffeePrince and I'll get you the episodes eventually.

Cynthia said...

You are AWESOME!!!!!! She said it's really good, so we'll see!
I'm getting excited about Korea again...I went through a little of "mmmm....I'm not sure if I'm going" kind of thing. But it's all good now! =)